Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Kitchen Progress

As you know a couple of weeks ago I embarked on the seemingly endless project of painting our kitchen cabinets.  Originally I had in mind to paint all our kitchen cabinets a creamy white and call it a day.  However, I recently came across two photos that got me thinking about painting the upper and lower cabinets different colours.

If my kitchen were an outfit - this would be it:


Our kitchen is not very big, nor does it have any special architectural interest, or a beautiful window, or a big island, so if there was going to be a wow factor it had to be added through paint.  These are the two gorgeous inspiration photos that I found. 




 Nest Egg

Our kitchen looks closer to the second one - mind you without the amazing ceiling light, the 9-foot ceilings, and the marble counter.

I noticed that in both of the inspiration photos, they used a mix of metal finishes.  I have been agonizing over what type of metal to use for the handles, so when I noticed that these amazing kitchens had goldish coloured handles, I thought I had at least better consider that. 




It was a bit of a leap for us (well maybe more for me) but - who am I to question inspiration photos - so we put in burnished gold hardware.  We tried the brushed nickel ones, but they seemed to disappear into the gray colour. 

I did the last bit of painting of the kitchen cabinets yesterday, but have a few finishing touches to complete before I do the grand reveal.  Photos coming soon - I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...