Having just written the last post about Fornasetti's muse, I opened January's edition of House & Garden and found these images of Sue Timney's house in Kent. Sue is a co-founder of Timney Fowler, which created stunning black and white textiles and fabrics, and moved on to other interiors accessories.
Sue operates on her own now. When I manufactured under licence to The National Trust for Scotland one of my design ideas was to create a ceramic collection based on the images of the Scottish C18th miniaturist, caricaturist and engraver John Kay, from a small collection I purchased in Edinburgh.
I could think of no better a company to produce these designs than Timney Fowler, so I went to visit Sue at her atelier in London. For some time her designs have become a favourite decoration for ceramics too, (top image).
For various reasons we did not pursue the project, but Sue was generous in her time and interest. It should come as no surprise that she too enjoys the work of Fornasetti, as seen in many items in her flat.
Images from House & Garden




No comments:
Post a Comment