Search This Blog

Sunday 22 August 2010

Warm glow

There was a lovely sunset over Saltaire last evening as I walked home from church. Luckily I had thought to take my compact with me - I always try to remember, because you never know what you might see. I liked the way the windows of Salts Mill were catching the light; it almost looked as though there was a fire inside. I'll post a picture of the actual sunset some other time - it will fit with Scott's 'Sunset Sunday' theme.

One thing I didn't manage to snap though was the steam train that went through Saltaire station just as I was passing! It went so fast - and, it has to be said, with very little steam - that I didn't even see or hear it coming until it flashed past. Some folk must have been expecting it, as there was a little knot of people standing on the bridge. I saw the warm glow from the furnace and it did leave a slightly smoky fragrance behind. I think the whole of Saltaire must have smelled like that most of the time in days gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...