Search This Blog

Friday 6 August 2010

The Numbers Game

I've been meaning to do this for ages - and today was the day... I wanted to go out, but I had no clear idea where to go or what to do. So I wandered around Saltaire with my camera and started snapping numbers - mostly house numbers, one on a wheelie bin! One on a road sign. The more I looked, the more I saw. And I think they make an interesting collage. It's only when you start really noticing people's front doors that you realise what an impact a smart, clean, well thought-out entrance does for a house. I came back and looked at mine... I think I have work to do!

Incidentally, when the village was originally built (1854-1868), each house had a black and white number painted by the door on the stonework - like the number 19 above. That original number is still visible on most of the houses, but many now have more modern numbers on the door or on the wall as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...