Search This Blog

Thursday, 13 May 2010

Leeds station

(Best viewed large)
The more you keep your eyes open for photos the more you find, sometimes in the most unpromising of places. I was passing through Leeds railway station on my way to York the other day, and as I was waiting for my train I noticed the strong graphic effect of the metal staircase on the opposite platform. I would have liked there to be fewer people in the picture but I had to take it quickly as there was a train coming in! Maybe one day I'll go back and try another improved shot of this. Though I have heard of a photographer who was summarily ejected from the station by the security guards for taking photos, so it could be hazardous. (I guess a middle-aged woman with a compact camera attracts less attention than a bloke with a massive DSLR and a long lens, unfair though that may be!
)

I have converted this to black and white and 'posterized' it in Photoshop but it was almost a mono image anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...