Search This Blog

Saturday, 20 March 2010

Monochrome Weekend: Down by the swing bridge

(Best viewed large)
I happened to be down by the Hirst Wood swing bridge, on the Leeds-Liverpool canal near Saltaire, just as a boat was passing through. There is not much traffic along the canal yet; it's only a week or so since the water was frozen solid. But there are a few hardy types who live permanently on their narrowboats; maybe these people do. They had a wood-burning stove going well, judging by the smoke curling from the chimney, and a good pile of logs on the roof to keep it burning.


I decided not to wait whilst they went down through the lock. When I set off from home the sun was shining, though without much warmth. By the time I reached this point, the clouds were gathering so I turned and headed back. Lucky I did, as I was just able to rescue my (almost dry) washing from the line before the heavens opened in a hailstorm.

To see other excellent monochrome images, visit The Monochrome Weekend site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...