I mentioned previously that I was not altogether happy with the initial height of the two China Trade pictures, (which were hung using the existing screws for other pictures). The initial placement wasn't hideously wrong, but it just wasn't quite "right", a comment I made several times to my partner, which resulted in a refrain of expletives.
So finally on Friday, feeling calm, I put into place my brown paper cut-outs of the pictures at the height I thought they really should be: aligned with the top of the framed Chinoiserie wallpaper. Perfect. It does two things: raises the eye, and therefore the height of the ceiling, and two, removes the obviously uneven distance that existed between the bottom of the picture and the yellow cachepots. Well, actually three things. The bottom of the picture is now also aligned with the bottom of the lampshades.
Oh, the trials of symmetry, (and anality?). The devil is in the details.
No comments:
Post a Comment