The China Trade pictures that I bought late last year and mentioned here, have finally been reframed and are up on the wall.
In a recent discussion on Style Court I expressed an opinion that I'd always prefer to see pictures framed, however minimally. Normally my approach to frames is that they should be very extravagant, but in order not to detract from the simple gold bamboo frame of the Chinoiserie wallpaper in the centre of the dining room wall, I have chosen a more modest approach this time.
I drew inspiration from commentators - for which many thanks, but I decided that I wanted a reference to the red lacquer chairs, so I've used gold and a predominantly deeper, darker red, (perhaps the "burnished" red suggested by Toby Worthington), with black outline.
I haven't quite decided whether I'm satisfied with the height of the pictures, but I will live with them as they are, and then decide; no need to give the walls that Gaza treatment anymore than they already have.
No comments:
Post a Comment